Software Development Project Manager
The Software Development Project Manager will be primarily responsible for
• Develop requirements, budgets, and schedules for the software development
• Facilitate requirements meetings, including the peer review sessions, and
status meetings with clients and project team.
• Establish milestones, anticipates issues, and monitors adherence to
project scope, requirements and design documents, schedules, and to the CSSC
software development process.
• Assume day-to-day responsibility for ensuring that the project is
completed on time and within budget, and that all deliverables are of the
• Work closely with the CSSC Software Development Project Manager Project
Management team to: share best practices, help resolve project issues, and
ensure that staff is properly allocated to tasks by considering staff’s
skills and interests, and the project’s needs.
• Maintain client relations and communications including status reporting
and informal conversations
•This position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS,
Business Management or a related field and a minimum of 3 years of
experience. Or Must have a QA experience.
•Must have excellent oral and written skills with the ability to matrix
manage a software team that includes graphic designers, developers and
•Must be familiar with project management tools such as Microsoft Project or
Base Camp and versioning tools such as CVS. Experience with SQL and/or SAS to
analyze data is desired.
•Demonstrated experience required: knowledge of all phases of software
development cycle, ability to develop project plans, requirements documents,
and project budgets.
•Familiarity with quality assurance practices is required.
•Experience required in applying best practices in project management,
including those used to initiate, plan, control, monitor and report upon all
phases of project activity.
•Must have a quick aptitude for learning new software.